Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

The picture below is of Tony and I in line at Jean Lafitte's Haunted Swamp Tour.  The swamp tour was located in Lafitte, LA which is south of New Orleans on the West Bank.  We went the Saturday before Halloween.


The wait in line was about an hour.  Luckily, they had swamp juice for sale.  Swamp juice is vodka & lemonade.  They also had chili dogs and snacks, but we were not hungry.  We went to eat before the tour at Acme Oyster House.  I had fried shrimp while Tony ate gumbo.  We shared some charbroiled oysters.  Yum!


The designers of this swamp tour created a creepy atmosphere, but spelling was not their forte.  Cemetery is misspelled twice in the decorations.





 In line, several zombies tried to sneak up on us.  The kids in line especially liked the zombies.  I tried to make friends with the zombie below, but he wasn't too talkative.  However, he did share that he does not eat human flesh because he is a vegetarian.  Glad I know that.


On Sunday, before Halloween, Tony and I carved jack-o-lanterns.  Tony made a scary face, while I made a dachshund pumpkin.

Notice the unfolded laundry in the background.


 Since we did not open our doors to trick-or-treat-ers, we just kept the pumpkins lit in the fireplace.


Here is the Halloween surprise that mom my shipped to me!  It is from Pier One, and it is sitting on my mantle.  Thanks mom!


Loosie dressed as a Hot Dog for Halloween.  Sundae was a bat.  They both played in their costumes until they eventually figured out how to get them off.




No comments: