Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Woods

While on a break from packing, I decided to explore the woods behind the backyard of our house. This is a view of our house from the back. In the backyard are fig trees, magnolia bushes, monkey grass, and tall woody trees.


This is a picture of the woods. I couldn't really get a picture that captures the height of the trees. They are very tall. Many of these pictures look foggy or blurry around the edges. That is condensation on the lense from the humid air.


Here is a picture of some wild mushrooms that grow outside of our backyard fence. I want to cook them, but I once watched a very scary movie called 'Shrooms. In "Shrooms, a group of young people go into the woods to eat mushrooms that make you hallucinate. However, one girl eats a particularly dangerous mushroom. Then, she goes crazy and kills all her friends. So I won't eat these mushrooms.

In the woods, I found this random tree with a homeade ladder nailed to it. Very strange. When I saw it at first, I thought there might be a tree house up there. But no, just a ladder. I guess someone wanted to climb up and down? I'm not sure. I want to climb it, but I feel like some would protest.





No comments: