Monday, June 7, 2010

Travel & Hotel Accomodations in Atlanta

To get to Atlanta, I flew AirTran. It is suppose to be a discount airline like Southwest. Southwest doesn't fly into Atlanta, so AirTran was a good option for the company. Unfortunately, AirTran does not do curbside checkin (I had some $1 bills ready!). Inside the airport, the line for AirTran check-in was soooooo long. I talked with another passenger about "black listing" airlines. She doesn't fly Delta anymore, and I told her that I don't like American. She said that she was adding American and AirTran to her black list. She was really funny. After checking in (and paying $50 for my heavy bag), the line for security was really long too. Because of the long lines, as soon as I got to my gate, I boarded the plane. I sat by a young guy who slept the entire flight. We didn't take off until around 3 PM (New Orleans time) or 4 PM (Atlanta time). This picture below is me in the airplane. I have my creeper face on, ready to make friends!!!


At the hotel, our rooms are so nice!! I am on the seventh floor, and out my window I have a view of the mall that is next door. Here are pictures of my room:





After checking in, I went to the 4th floor ballroom to get my gift and laptop. The picture below is my "gift." It is a messenger bag, t-shirt, and baseball cap. Also in the bag was paperwork, my manual for the next 2 years, and a blue scarf. Monday night, at the social we are playing games, and I am on the turquoise team.



This is my security badge for my workplace in New Orleans.






No comments: