Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Day

Here is what I did my first day on the job:

1. Had security orientation with Jessica
- Got a security badge to let me in the doors
- Got a security code to let me in the doors
- Instructions: if a stranger asks me questions about BAE I have to report it, if a stranger calls me at work and asks questions I have to report it
- I am not allowed to look at classified documents
- classified documents are not allowed to leave the building, be thrown away
- no cameras are allowed in the building

2. Terry the IT guy set up my computer (more on Terry later)

3. Met with the boss - Mike & talked about the business and stuff he wants us to do
- Mike wants Robert (other intern) to make graphs and wants me to make a calendar of birthdays and vacation time (so challenging)

4. Read manual on labor reporting policies

5. Ate horrible meat loaf lunch from the basement cafeteria - then when to the basement convenient store to buy a coke. I made friends with the sweet Asian woman who works there. She told me she would give me a good recipe for chicken salad, because we both love it. She just got out of the hospital. She went to the hospital because she stopped taking vitamins (or that's what she claimed). She has worked in the basement for 25 years and likes to go see movies in the afternoon because they are cheaper.

6. Read a manual on Ethics & Earned Value Management

7. Got forms signed by a different guy named Mike and overnighted them to HR in New Hampshire

8. Set up my office phone with voice mail

9. Visited with Mark (Amy's dad) - he recommended another manual to read called Operational Framework

10. Printed Operational Framework manual and began reading

Robert's Fastion tip of the Day: corduroy pants

No comments: