Friday, May 15, 2009

Arrival

Upon arriving, Fort Worth looked just like Lubbock! The humidity was about the same as this morning in Lubbock and it was about 85 degrees. I made in exactly 5 hours - And the loop wasn't busy at all! Little did I know....




After checking in and moving in all my stuff from the car, I was famished. I didn't eat lunch on the road because I wanted to get here early. So I ventured out into the city around 4 PM to find some dinner. I ended up stuck in traffic for 45 minutes!!! AHH!!! In that time, I only traveled about 2 blocks from my hotel & through 1 stop light!!! Cities have so much traffic! As the evening progresses, I look out my window at the loop and see cars backed up for miles! So now I know, I will not travel anywhere between 3 pm & 8 pm during the week. But that will be fine since I will be working.




After eating some not very good Chinese food, I unpacked everything! The only thing I haven't unpacked are some clothes. I'm going to wait on hangers for those. I'll probably go to
bed really early tonight since I didn't really sleep last night. Plus then I will be able to get up early and battle the evil city traffic that will likely war against my soul while I am living here.




The places I'm staying is around a group of other long-term stay places (like Marriot Residence Inn). Behind our apartment/hotel buildings are a group of office buildings called Fossil Creek Business Plaza. Seems like a really quite nice neighborhood - the office buildings are small....not skyscapers.




Here are a few photos of the place I am staying!!!




The Bedroom: glad I brought my own comforter. The bed is semi-comfortable.


The living room: cozy






Desk: already messy and full of stuff - Also, I have a really good sized closet and chest of drawers - so unpacking was easy. I just have to pick up some hangers when I go to the store tomorrow.




Kitchen: larger than my one at home - haha! Dishes provided, that was a joke. There are 2 plates, 3 plastic glasses, and 2 forks. So I will get some paper stuff when I go to the store.


Kitchen: other side - full size fridge and little eating area.


No comments: