Sunday, July 4, 2010

Luna de Miel en Mexico (Honeymoon in Mexico)

Here we are at the Lubbock airport before getting on the plane to go to our honeymoon. We ate a snack and had drinks to relax. Tony has a sweet, romantic face while I look crazy!!






My favorite honeymoon picture is of Tony on our balcony hammock at our resort in Mexico. We both love hammocks!! If the summer was more bearable in Louisiana, we might have one in our backyard. He looks so happy!





I look less happy on our balcony hammock. It is only because I was SOOOO tired. Here you can see the tiredness in my eyes, exacerbated by the pina colada I was drinking.





Here is the view of the private pool available to us for the first night in Mexico. Our first night in Mexico, we upgraded to a huge suite. The following pictures are of the upgraded suite. This pool was a private pool for those with ritzy suites. I took this picture looking out of our balcony.






Bedroom.






After we told our concierge that we were on our honeymoon, the next time we walked in our room, the housekeepers had laid out rose petals in the shape of a heart with towels folded in the shape of kissing swans. Cute. Messy though.....when we turned on the ceiling fan the petals flew everywhere!








Our honeymoon gift from the hotel was a little white chocolate cake with a bottle of champagne. This arrived on our second afternoon in Mexico.








Here is a picture of our upgraded balcony.








Here is the living room and dining room in our upgraded suite.








Here is the kitchen in our upgraded suite.














Here is another picture of the bedroom, including our private hot tub!




Here is a picture of Tony and I after dinner one night. Most nights, if we didn't order room service, we dressed for dinner and went to a restaurant. The dress for dinner was no swim suits and pants for men. This picture is after we went to the restaurant named Asiana. The lobby is behind us.




Asiana served Chinese, Japanese, and Thai cuisine, and it was my favorite!!! At Asiana we shared fried seafood dumplings and a California Roll (type of sushi roll stuffed with crab, avocado, and cucumber). I ordered Thai beef (beef fillet with spicy thai sauce) and Tony ordered Beef Tepanyake (ribeye steak). We ate the entire meal with chopsticks. It felt very exotic.


Tony's favorite restaurant was Maria's. He got a ribeye there that he really enjoyed. At Maria's, I ate big cold shrimp (like shrimp cocktail). Maria's also had really great Creme Brulee.


Another night we ate at Pelicano's (seafood) and for lunch we ate at Tapas (Spanish appetizers liker tacos, shrimp, fried things, etc.) and at Spice (the buffet). For breakfast, we ate at Mediterrano's. Mediterrano's was suppose to be Mediterranean food, but for breakfast, they just had a traditional breakfast buffet. I didn't really want to eat there for dinner because I didn't think that I would like Mediterranean food. I don't like olives, and I think Mediterranean food has lots of olives.



On the last day of our honeymoon, we woke up sad because we didn't want to leave our magical vacation. I am so thankful that Tony took me on such a beautiful trip!!!




















No comments: