Sunday, February 28, 2010

Church & Lunch

Today I went to Ecclesia again. I sat with Lindsey. She brought a guy that she is dating. The sermon was on God's love. We cannot do anything to earn God's love, He already loves us as much as He can. Because of his love, we are good and right already. We can love other people because God loves us. I love the sermons at this church. However, I have never taken communion while there. So I don't know if they don't do it....or just do it once per month...



After church, I went to Tony's house because he wanted us to go to lunch with Pam & Scott. We ate at Chili's. Scott loves onion strings....so we ate TWO orders of onion strings before our meal came. Pam had margaritas while Scott had a couple beers...I had diet coke and Tony had Dr Pepper. By the way, Chili's just changed their menu and it is totally different. All the food I like is gone and there is lots of strange stuff in it's place. No more pitas, no more turkey sandwich, no more southwestern salad. Bummer.
My favorite topic of conversation was pre-marital counseling. Pam & Scott were outraged at the hour and a half long sessions. Scott said "Just talk to each other and pay your bills....that's all you have to know." I couldn't have imagined better counseling!! I thought that was beautifully simple. I want to get a plague that says that for our home.

No comments: